Pizza Maker/Kitchen Team Member
Do you have a passion for food? Love pizza or Italian food? If so, this is the perfect job for you!
Pizzeria Pezzo is a “scratch-kitchen” restaurant, specializing in Italian cuisine, with a special focus on artisanal coal-fired and Chicago-style deep-dish pizza. We currently have two locations in the Twin Cities, in White Bear Lake and Woodbury. We are a family-oriented company, with wonderful hours (COVID hours currently closed Monday’s, Tues-Thurs & Sun 11am-8pm, Fri & Sat. 11am-9pm; normal/non-COVID hours: closed Monday’s, Tues-Thurs 4pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 4pm-10pm) and are looking toward future growth opportunities state and nationwide.
Pizzeria Pezzo is seeking part-time & full-time pizza makers/kitchen team members for both Woodbury and White Bear Lake locations. This position will directly report to the BOH/Kitchen Manager and assistant BOH/Kitchen Manager and will assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in our professional kitchen. Job tasks include crafting/making pizza’s, hand pressing pizza dough, creating salads, and preparing foods.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow standard recipes and direction to prepare food; memorize, record, and comprehend menu items, abbreviations, plate appearance, and portions
- Adhere to special requests/special diet orders
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours
- Operate standard commercial kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production processes/procedures/regulations
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, utensils, and appliances
- Previous experience in cooking/culinary arts/related field preferred, but not required; will train on-site
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and food preparation/cooking techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Works well with others, team-player, and positive attitude
- Good communicate skills; be able to clearly communicate with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel
- Follows direction, works and thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has the ability to multi-task
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop frequently