Pizzeria Pezzo is a “scratch-kitchen” restaurant, specializing in Italian cuisine, with a special focus on artisanal coal-fired and Chicago-style deep-dish pizza. We currently have two locations in the Twin Cities, in White Bear Lake and Woodbury. We are a family-oriented company, with wonderful hours (COVID hours currently closed Monday’s, Tues-Thurs & Sun 11am-8pm, Fri & Sat. 11am-9pm; normal/non-COVID hours: closed Monday’s, Tues-Thurs 4pm-9pm, Fri & Sat 4pm-10pm) and are looking toward future growth opportunities state and nationwide.
Pizzeria Pezzo is seeking an assistant back-of-house/kitchen manager for our White Bear Lake location. This position will directly report to the BOH/Kitchen Manager, and will act as a support to the BOH/Kitchen Manager, sharing responsibility for all kitchen functions including back-of-house (BOH) company processes, procedures, and standardizations; food purchasing & maintenance of par levels; development/implementation/maintenance of food quality and consistency standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation; and portion/cost/inventory control.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strong, responsible leader with integrity and exceptional communication skills; upholds Company’s mission and values; team-player and self-motivated; maintains a positive, “can-do” working relationship, and treats all employees with respect, while providing clear and consistent direction.
- Implements and maintains existing and new company and department rules, policies and procedures.
- Helps to oversee training of new kitchen employees. Creates a positive, productive, and empowering/motivating work environment.
- Ensures kitchen personnel are trained in the safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils, and in cleanliness and sanitation practices, processes, and requirements.
- Shares responsibility for scheduling BOH labor as required by anticipated business activity, while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed, while ensuring labor cost objectives are met.
- Fully understands and complies with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to the health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Achieves company objectives in service, quality, consistency, and appearance of facility. Upholds all sanitation and cleanliness standards and requirements. Helps to prepare required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules, as it relates to Company, federal, state, county, municipal, and health department requirements/regulations, in an organized and timely manner.
- Implements and maintains appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment, and food storage areas.
- Ensures that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensures that all products are ordered according to pre-determined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition, on a timely-basis, and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Ensures food/products/orders are consistently and accurately prepared and served according to restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards. This includes making sure all weights and measurements are accurate, for all recipe items.
- Manages and maintains food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, and standard recipe and waste control procedures.
- Performs weekly inventory logs, creates daily prep lists, and records waste after each shift.
- Checks and maintains proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points along with proper dating procedures and product rotation.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook, and expediter; minimum 6 months in a leadership/management position.
- Must have excellent communicate skills, and be able to clearly communicate with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel, and guests.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to multi-task
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.
- Experience with working with a POS, inventory program, and online ordering
- Must have food service sanitation certificate.